Monday, February 16, 2009

my SDLC.......

We all have objectives in our lives (as stated in our assignment in MIS II). Yes, we have stated it in words but the big question here is how are we going to do it? There are several techniques that can help us to reach our objectives in lives. In one of our assignments in management information system II, I’ve read an article from myGoals.com, the article gave some tips on how to manage and reach our goals in life. Let me state it. The first one, we should clearly identify or state our goals. Second, spot the possible obstacles for you to be prepared. Next, we should know the tasks related in overcoming the obstacles. Then, we should assign deadlines. This step will help us to be realistic. In addition, it’s ok to be working with different tasks at the same time but we should not over do it. Finally,
follow the plan. We must stick to what we have planned; the plan would serve as the guide on our way to success.

As we all know plans may change because of some unexpected events that occur as we implement our plan. As the saying goes, expect the unexpected. If I were to choose what approach would I be doing, I would choose the combination of the predictive and adaptive approach. (sir both….)

Now here’s my own SDLC.

PLANNING

Everyday we plan on what we do, we plan what are the activities that we'll have to do during the day, the week or even for the whole month, same is true with reaching our goals.
in here we analyze what we want to achieve, after we identify our goals, we should plan on what we do.

PUT THE PLAN INTO ACTION

of course, no matter how good or excellent a plan is,if there is no implementation, there is nothing.the plan will remain as a plan. Plans without actions are useless.

EVALUATE

Evaluation, is one of the most important. We should assess whether we are on track or not. In evaluation step, we'll be able to know our strength and weakmesses. in here, we also learn lessons from our weaknesses.

MAINTAIN

In this step, we can improve our strength and work on our weaknesses. we can turn our weaknesses
into strengths.


Now, i'll share with you one of my experiences in IC.


Example: Based on personal experience, before i wanted to pass programming 1 (i failed on my first try, haha) but then again, mam maui was my instructor on my 2nd try. Every student in IC knows Mam Maui (one of the terminators sa IC, un ang sabi nla ha?). On my part, at first i was kinda nervous, but my will and determination prevailed. First, I identified my goals (hehe, to pass every quiz,exercises and exams) then i planned my actions on what am i going to do (read books as well as practice what i have learned from the books). that made me prepared on the possible situations that might occur during that semester.
but during the semester, i never expected that mam maui would give tough long tests. coding and tracing.
at first, it was ok. but after a long test, i got a low score on tracing. so in programming, that was one of my weaknesses. i find it quite hard. As what i have said, my will and determination prevailed. So, I borrowed books from one of my classmates then there were programs and exercises that can be traced. So, as they say, practice makes perfect. at the end of the semester, i won, my plan for that subject was a successful one.

good day!

0 comments:


Designed by
Blog Need Money